Thursday, August 9, 2007

I'm seeking the signs....are you?



I have to admit that marketing campaigns are getting more and more inventive, especially the one that Coca-Cola did a few years ago where they distributed cans containing GPS tracking systems and built-in cell phones in 12-paks of their product. If you found one of these cans and pushed the button, you were connected directly to Coke Headquarters and, if you opted to turn on the GPS, they would deliver your prize right to you.

Fox Walden currently has a pretty inventive promotion for "The Seeker." In order to unlock special content on the website, visitors have to enter six symbols of power in the correct sequence. The sequences will be appearing in the movie trailer, on posters and other place; Fox has said they might even put them on mobile billboards.

If I've done the math correctly (6 * 5 * 4 * 3 * 2 * 1), there are 720 possible combinations of the 6 symbols, but only 7 of those unlock special content.

I've included a widget at right that will show you the trailer and also direct you to the official website. The photo on this post is from the official movie poster and also contains the special 6 symbols. Check back here for more updates and clues.

You can also track my progress on the widget, which I'll keep on my site until the films opens on October 5. Feel free to make fun of me if you unlock more sequences than I do.

Good luck.

No comments: